Thursday, August 30, 2007

You could be proud






Today the guy I have been working with and myself, got to go home at noon with the rest of the day paid. They said we have been getting the work done so quickly and correctly that they're rewarding us this way.













We had to run this pipe from the box that you can see to the top to where it is now all from a crane basket. It finishes about 200ft off the ground, they were happy to have that done, I was just happy to be up that high to see the scenery.





There is a person in that little window on the left side of the crane, honestly that window is not that small.









This past weekend I went up to Garden City to look around, it was bigger than here but still not big enough to have a good mall or anything like that but I did pass a really cool looking sunflower field.











I realized what makes this place stink so bad.


1. The wind blow constantly and usually it around 20mph or higher.


2. There is nothing to stop any smells, no hills, no trees, nothing...no wonder a tornado blows this place away.

3.




Holding lots...lots of them, very large and very bad smelling.


I'm still enjoying the job, but I am ready to go home, looks like it will still be a month or two. This company here is planning on having work here until January, but I'm hoping to be home before that.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good work. Great pictures.

I know what you mean about the smell. Goes on for many miles - you wouldn't think it could go that far.

Pile up that money. And whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.

Mom

Anonymous said...

That's a cool job. I like being up high.
Get it done really quick and maybe they'll give you an even cooler job!
But don't fall because that would make your job uncool really fast.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your work ethic has improved since the days of finding hiding places and sleeping - or calling people - while the rest of the crew worked :)

You sound more and more like a grownup, scary!

Keep up the good work.