Monday, October 13, 2008

A good weekend

I just had an interesting weekend. I got to go to the Texas vs. Oklahoma game, ridiculous rivalry, but it was a great game. It was actually pretty cool because the ticket to the game got you into the state fair also. So of course we rode the Farris wheel.... three 28 year old guys rode the Farris wheel together.....odd. That's the Cotton Bowl in the background....where the game was played.



Travis and Ernie both wore orange because they are Longhorn fans and I wore white so I could say I cheered for the winning team. We went to the game and yelled like fans do and it was a great game.





After the game we wandered around the fair like all the people do......80000 people do. It was packed. Then we got the bright idea to strap ourselves into a giant ball that shoots you straight up into the air at 100 mph and 5 Gs. That was fun too.




If you listen closely, under the song saying I won't live to see tomorrow, you can hear me telling Ernie get his hands off the handles.....he never did. The screams you hear are us also.







Good times!

3 comments:

Bob & Judy said...

Who won? Remember we're down here where people do not know how important the TX/OU game is....

Mom

Shawn said...

Looks like you boys had a good time. Did you and Ernie hold hands in the big shooting ball? LOL!!

Connie said...

"Wow" is not a compliment. Unfortunately, I did not put the disclaimer at the bottom of my post which I did, in fact, contemplate doing. If I had, it would have read:

*If you have ever dated me and just so happen to be reading my blog....your opinion, fortunately, doesn't matter any more. AND if you don't have anything nice to say then keep your filthy trap shut.*

If I had only followed my instinct......