Thursday, March 06, 2008

Gas, Pipes, Mud and Work

Well I have started back to work and had to pause many times through out the day because I have gotten stuck in the mud. I mean really stuck, mud over my ankle...not water... MUD!!!!!! The work really isn't that bad but that may be because we are not doing much, there is so much mud we can only do so much.

They are saying that we will be here until July and then they would like to take me to Tulsa, OK. Another plant from ground up, they say a 2 year job. I may never get home if I continue to make these people think I am good.

I will try to take some pictures...it is supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow...so work will slow down just as it started to dry out and pick up. You really couldn't believe that they are paying us to do the little that we are doing. This is why I like construction...especially time and material jobs.

We do have Sundays off, unless we rain out...that will be our make up day, so I think I will be able to find a church. I drove around this town that is about the size of Midway (a little bit bigger), and there are a million. So as long as we aren't working I believe I can find something I like.

It just seems like every time I find somewhere I like...I have to leave. I hope I can find one sooner than a month before I leave.

No comments: