Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Just to update

I am just letting everyone know that I am still alive. Nothing has really been going on except work.

I did get some time off to spend some time with my friends at the river. That was some much needed time away from here.

The job just seems to keep dragging on, like it will never finish. They are saying Tulsa may have been pushed back so I may actually get some time off between and I am ready.

For my parents. I started a Roth IRA. Just so you know it's only non-taxable after I turn 59 1/2....doesn't help my plan for retiring at 40.

That's really about all

4 comments:

Hendricks in Mexico said...

You can only put $2,000 a year into a Roth. Or any other IRA, for that matter.

And you should be saving much more than $2000 a year.

Keep sockin' it away, baby.

And getcha a passport so you can come see your parents when you have some time off.

Love you.

Anonymous said...

I don't know nothing about retirement junk.

All I know is that Guidestone takes some of my money every month and throws it away.

That's how I'm preparing for retirement.

Anonymous said...

Just a slight correction. You can, at your age, contribute $4,000 per year to Your Roth.
I just verified it again on the IRS website.

Bob & Judy said...

Right - sorry. $4000. And old people like me can save $5000.

Still, $4000 a year for the next 12 years, making 10%, will find you with less than $100,000..

But if you saved $1000 a month for 12 years, and if it made 9% interest, even if you're paying taxes on it, you'd have about $200,000.

That sounds like a lot unless you're trying to live off it.

Assuming you'd want to live off the interest only, if you're still making 10%, that's $20,000 a year.

Oh, and Aaron, that's exactly the way we do retirement. Guidestone - money every month - have less this month than last month. Yet, somehow, through the years, it grows. I don't get it.

I'm sure, when we have a Democrat president, the market will blossom. Your savings account will make lots of interest, while your home loan cost almost none.

You might consider putting money in your mattress.

DO NOT FOLLOW THE EXAMPLE OF YOUR PARENTS! Cause our parents were better savers than yours.

Love you

Mom